Race information – Telekom Vivicittá Half Marathon 2012
Telekom Vivicittá Half Marathon
Date: 01 April, 2012
Race Centre/Start/Finish: Margaret Island (Margitsziget) at the Open Air Theater (Szabadtéri Színpad)
11:00 o’clock, from start zones according to the planned pace (minute/km) together with the Vivicittá:
- within 4:30 (half marathon around 1 h 30 m)
- between 4:30-5:00 (half marathon between 1 h 30 m – 1 h 45 m)
- between 5:00-5:30 (half marathon between 1 h 45 m – 2 h)
- between 5:30-6:00 (half marathon between2 h – 2 h 15 m)
- above 6:00 (half marathon over 2 h 15 m)
2 hour 30 minutes net time (gross 2 hours 40 minutes counting from the start time of the last runner).
Part time limits:
- At 6 km 43 minutes
- At 12 km 1 hour 26 minutes
- At 18 km 2 hours 9 minutes
- The runners are being followed by a closing bus at a pace of 7 minutes 10 seconds / km. In case the last runner is running faster than this, then the bus follows him/her. Those taken over by the closing bus are obliged to get on it, their race number will be crossed and the runner cannot enter the finish area.
Only those born before 01 April, 2000 can start on the race (12 years or older).
There are no age categories appointed.
Központi út – Margit híd – Germanius Gyula park – Árpád fejedelem útja – Bem rakpart – Jégverem utca – Clark Ádám tér – Alagút – Attila út – Antall József tér – Apród utca – Lánchíd utca – Clark Ádám tér – Lánchíd – Széchenyi István tér – József Attila utca – Október 6. utca – Zrínyi utca – Hercegprímás utca – Bank utca – Hold utca – Báthori utca – Kossuth Lajos tér – Balassi Bálint utca – Széchenyi rakpart – Jászai Mari tér – Margit híd déli lehajtó – idősebb Antall József rakpart – Jane Haning rakpart – Salkaházi Sára rakpart – TURNING POINT before Közraktár utca – Salkaházi Sára rakpart – Jane Haning rakpart – idősebb Antall József rakpart – Carl Lutz rakpart – TURNING POINT before Dráva utca – Carl Lutz rakpart – Szent István parki felhajtó – Szent István park – Újpesti rakpart – Jászai Mari tér – Margit híd – Központi út
The course turns from the course of the 12 km Vivicittá at Margaret Bridge in direction Pesti alsó rakpart and after the stretch on the quays connects back to it at Újpesti alsó rakpart! We shall show the diversion clearly, but all runners will need to choose the course by themselves!
Each single kilometre will be shown by a 2 meter high sign on the course, where you can always see the number of the give kilometre. This way you can also check whether you are running the course in a previously defined appropriate pace.
Planned time measurement:
- Happens with a Chip which is a one-time chip, measures time only on this race. The chip deposit is HUF 1000 cash which has to be paid in a 1000 HUF note when taking over the race pack. The chip deposit is being returned until 14:00 o’clock at the race centre at the designated desks of the race centre.
- Runners can take part on the race only with a ChampionChip!
- The chip has to be worn attached to the shoe!
- If you wish to run with your own chip please provide the number when registering, providing the numbers and presenting the chip.
The registration office of BSI is closed on the 29th and 30th of March due to the preparation works of the race. On this day there is no possibility to take over the race pack or to register.
Your registration is valid only by handing in your registration form and paying the registration fee. If one or the other is missing your registration is being handled among the problematic registrations and taking over your race pack might take a longer time.
Registration fees and deadlines:
|Until 01. 31.||5000||4500||2000||4050||500Ft|
|Until 03. 04.||6000||4500||2000||4850||500Ft|
|Until 03. 25.||6000||4500||2000||4850||500Ft|
|Until 03. 28.||6500||4500||2000||5250||1000Ft||500Ft|
|Until 03. 29.||4500||1000Ft||500Ft|
|On 04. 01.||6500||1000Ft|
Registration by post:
Until 23 March(BSI 1554 Bp. Pf:7)
- At the BSI on working days between 9.00 and 17.00 o’clock, latest on 28 March
- At our races in the Information Tent
- At the race centre on 1 April from 8:30 latest until 10:45
If registration does not happen personally, then the registration form has to be sent to the BSI office latest by the postal registration deadline. In case of previous registration the fee can be paid by a bank card (VISA, Maestro, MasterCard) personally at the BSI office or via permission given on the registration form. We also accept Sodexho passes and Üdülési Csekk for the payment of the registration fee but only in case of personal pre-registration at the office.
The registration fee contains:
- Participation on the race
- Race pack
- Arrival pack
- Medical Service
- Closed and secured course
- Net chip time measurement
- Other programmes related to the race
- 21,26 % VAT
Takeover of the race number, T-shirt:
- Previously between 26 and 28 March at the BSI (1138 Budapest, Váci út 152.), on weekdays between 9 and 17 o’clock
- The chip deposit (1 piece of 1000 HUF note!!!) has to be paid during the takeover of the start number. The chip deposit is being returned at the race centre at the designated desks shown with a sign until 14:00 o’clock.
- Runners who have a personal ChampionChip will receive a 500 HUF discount from the registration fee in case they present the chip when registering and also indicate the number on the registration form.
- On 1 April the spot at the race centre from 8:30 latest until 10:45.
- Attention! 15 minutes prior to the start times of the given races the registration and start pack takeover is being closed.
- The race pack contains your start number, a T-shirt with the logo of the race and the leaflets of the sponsors of the race.
- As chip deposit we can accept a HUF 1000 note, as this is what we return. There is no possibility to change money when taking over the start pack!
- Please wear your start number at the front, take care that it is well visible, do not fold it! Please make sure your start number is secured appropriately, you will find pins for this in the race pack and at the registration counters.
How to get there:
You can take bus number 26 to the Margaret Island, till the station Open Air Theater (Szabadtéri Színpad). More information on http://bkv.hu/en/
All participants take part on a drawing where the prizes are the presents of the sponsors.
- At the finish
- On the course (planned):
- around 4 km: water
- around 8,6 km: water, iso drink, banana, glucose
- around 10,9 km: water, iso drink, banana, glucose
- around 14,9 km: water
- around 16,7 km: water, iso drink, banana, glucose
- around 19,8 km: water
At the finish and at each refreshment station there will be possibility to moist the sponge received when taking over the race pack.
- At the refreshment stations we can hand over the refreshments in cups only for runners at the beginning and ad the end of the course. When a lot of runners arrive at the same time, you will need to take your own refreshment.
- The most accidents happen at the refreshment stations. Do not try and squeeze in between two runners for a quick drink or food. Please observe the most important rules of courtesy even on the races. Please wait for your turn and remember, that often there are less people at the far end of the station. Do not take more than you need because most probably there are a lot of runners behind you who will need the refreshment even more than you do.
Refreshment at the Finish:
- We shall offer you water at the refreshment station in the finish.
- This is where you will receive your arrival pack based on your start number.
Dressing Room, wardrobe:
Close to the Open Air Theater (Szabadtéri Színpad) in tents.
Attention! We do not guard valuables at the wardrobe!
- You can use the the toilets of the Open Air Theater (Szabadtéri Színpad), and you will find mobile toilets too.